2.7

I've been coming to the Disneyland Resort for years. I have purchased Annual Passes in the past. I understand the process and never expect a handout.

My girlfriend and I arrived at the parks on Saturday, 11-19-16, at around 7:30pm. She already had an Annual Pass and I was looking to purchase mine. Our goal was to grab some dinner inside the park and just enjoy the remainder of the night there (Disneyland closed at 12:00am).

We arrived and sure enough the Resort was packed (as expected). We waited in line and went through the process to purchase my pass. My girlfriend asked the cast member who assisted me if her Annual Pass was good for entry into the park that evening, and if it wasn't, she was willing to upgrade.

The cast member took her AP card, scanned it and told her she was allowed entry into the parks as she handed her card back. We walk over to DCA and sure enough, her AP card is declined. We were instructed to go back to the ticket booth to figure out the issue.

When we returned, we saw that the line had grown. We were a little frustrated at this point and did not want to wait in the line we just stood in. We then knocked on the back door of one the ticket booths and asked for assistance to upgrade her AP.

We were asked to wait, which we did for approximately 10 minutes until another cast member came out and basically told us to wait in line. I then asked to speak with a manager so I could explain the situation to him. I was directed to manager "Erin" who was standing behind me the entire time. Erin told me that he did not hear what the issue was and asked me to repeat it to him.

I kindly explained to him that his cast member gave us wrong information and we did not want to wait in the line we just waited in, ultimately wasting more time. I explained that we simply wanted to pay our entry, go into the park and eat dinner and enjoy what's left of the evening (less than 4 hours now). I also explained that if we had to wait in line, then I would like to refund my AP Pass.

Mr. Erin proceeded to explain to me that knocking on the back door of the ticket booth was a security issue and pointed out security officers who were watching us. He then explained that we had to wait in line because it would be unfair to guest who are waiting in line. He also stated that I signed a contract when I purchased my AP and a refund would not be possible, unless he decided to approve it.

I explained to Erin that I work in law enforcement as a police officer and our intention of knocking on the back door for help was not intended breach of security and that there are no signs in that area indicating that guests are not allowed in that area.

I also told Mr. Erin that the error came from his Cast Member; however we understand that mistakes happen and all we were asking for was to upgrade my girlfriend's pass so we could go into the park.

I also told him that I would like to file a formal complaint regarding ge service we have received so far.

Me. Erin proceeding to ignore my request to file a complaint and simply told me, "Well, I guess we can open a booth up for you since we've wasted time standing here and you could have been in line the length of this time."

I'm still trying to contact the Disneyland Resort to file my complaint but I have not heard anything back yet.

Feedback?

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Disneyland. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Disneyland to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Disneyland and disneyland customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Disneyland?

Comments