3.2

Just had a distasteful experience dealing with the “Annual Pass Member” desk.I was trying to renew my pass for my family and the agent was very short and pressuring.

When I asked what my benefits were if I renewed vs just go to the booth at my very next time at the park, she told me it was that I kept my card (big deal) and that it would be $319/year vs $329/yr (insignificant savings). She did tell me that my membership would start immediately from the anniversary date (from previous membership). What she did NOT tell was that the transaction would be non-cancellable, which it became a big deal after I realized that I would have probably burned a few weeks of the membership before I would have had an opportunity to go back to the park again with the renewed membership. So far, bad but not awful yet.

Awful is when I realized about the insignificant benefits and called back (30 minutes later) to cancel. The agent was uncordial and she aggressively tried to dismiss my attempt to obtain a refund by relentlessly repeating “the transaction was non-cancellable”. At the point I asked to speak with her supervisor and the agent placed me on hold without announcing it and letting me know how long. I waited at least another 20 minutes before the supervisor came on.

She too tried to deter my request for a total transaction cancellation (refund). Finally, when I told her that the pre-connection announcement stated that each call was being recorded, I asked to check the recording to see if the word “non-cancellable” was ever recorded (mentioned). Of course, after checking, she came back and said that I was in fact told that my membership would start from the date of transactions (today). When I told her that had nothing to do with the fact that I was never alerted to a non-cancellable transaction prior to my providing my credit card information.

Well, now she puts me on hold again and comes back after 15 minutes to let me know that my cancellation was approved. Lessons learned: DO NOT give up if you believe you have been swindled, especially by a large public company.

Disney is a large public company.Hopefully, they read these comments and take corrective actions in their process, policy, and personnel training.

Review about: Disneyland Customer Care.

I liked: Parks in general.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Had an Experience with Disneyland?

Comments